Hot off a recent opening, Buddha Kitchen and Lounge serves this refreshing cocktail in their Eat Street location. The restaurant, which has room for 144 diners, features Asian fusion cuisine and live house music performances. With its use of fresh fruits and vegetables and crisp taste, the Sweet Pea is the perfect spring drink for you to sip while sitting on Buddha’s patio and forgetting the bitter cold of winter.
-2 oz. cucumber-infused vodka
-1 oz. sweet pea and edamame puree*
1. In a mixing glass with ice, combine the cucumber vodka, sweet pea puree and lemonade.
2. Shake vigorously to mix ingredients.
3. Double strain into a chimney/ Collins glass.
4. Garnish with watermelon and cantaloupe matchsticks.
Sweet Pea and Edamame Puree
-2 cups shelled peas
-1 cup shelled edamame
-1.5 cups of water
1. In a medium saucepan, boil the peas and edamame until tender.
2. Strain into a blender, reserving the water.
3. On the lowest setting, add just enough water for the blender to puree the vegetables.
4. Gradually increase the blender speed to the highest setting for approximately 1-2 minutes, add more water if needed. When finished, purees should be smooth and free of skins.