2019 PCMA Convening Leaders has announced two new keynote sessions to be delivered by Seth Godin and Billie Jean King.
“We’re so excited to announce Seth Godin and one of my all-time idols, Billie Jean King, as Main Stage speakers at Convening Leaders 2019", said Sherrif Karamat, PCMA president and CEO. "Having such inspirational and world-renowned speakers for “Disrupt and Deliver” is testament to the hard work our team has put in to develop creative, compelling and relevant education sessions for the business events industry. Seth will inspire attendees to think outside the box when promoting their events and Billie Jean will offer insights into her outstanding career and advocacy for diversity and inclusion, a topic so close to my heart.”
Godin’s “You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See” will be the first keynote address of the conference and will lead attendees on a journey that will have them wondering whether their events would be missed if they were gone. Godin believes that creating tension should be a key factor in developing compelling business events and that tension contributes to the fear of missing out, which can create buzz to help make business events successful.
King joins the growing list of female speakers at 2019 PCMA Convening Leaders and will present a keynote session at “Disrupt & Delivef,” the theme for this year’s conference.
Godin and King will join the growing list of industry experts and speakers at 2019 PCMA Convening Leaders, including:
- Karamo Brown, activist and television personality, whose role as culture expert on Netflix’s “Queer Eye” series helps individuals boost their self-esteem and self-awareness.
- Lindsey Pollak, a New York Times bestselling author and advisor to young professionals on how to navigate multi-generational workplaces.
- Anka Wittenberg, an economist and global diversity and inclusion thought leader.
- Peter Sheahan, founder of Karrikins Group, a global behavior change company.
- Molly Breazeale, founder of AlignED, which helps business leaders create safe, open workplaces.
- Rohit Bhargava, author and founder of Non-Obvious Co., which helps businesses identify new opportunities and implement smart ideas.
The conference is taking place January 6-9, 2019 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center Pittsburgh.