More than 1 million people visited Dilworth Park in December, up 14% from 2016. The fun isn’t over yet, as the attractions and activities at the Park continue through the end of February.
Wintergarden at Dilworth Park has hosted the Rothman Institute Ice Rink, the Rothman Cabin, the Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market and the America’s Garden Capital Maze and debuted a new holiday attraction, the Deck the Hall Light Show presented by Independence Blue Cross and co-produced by 6abc. From the Wintergarden’s opening day on November 10 through December 31, just over 48,000 skaters took to the ice of the Rothman Rink and more than195,000 visitors strolled through America’s Garden Maze.
More Still to Come: The Deck the Hall Light Show presented by Independence Blue Cross ended on New Year’s Day but the Rothman Ice Rink, Rothman Cabin, and America’s Garden Capital Maze will remain open through February 26 with a full schedule of special activities, demonstrations, music and happy hours. Visit dilworthpark.org for times and more details.
Weekly programs in the cabin and rink include:
- Tuesdays: Retro Game Nights, through Feb. 20
- Wednesdays: Skater-cise, through Feb. 21
- Wednesdays: Cocktails and Cold Ones, through Feb. 21
- Thursdays: College Nights, through Feb. 22
- Fridays: Karaoke Nights, through Feb. 23
Special events at the rink include:
- Feb. 14, Sweetheart Skate on Valentine’s Day
Special events at the cabin hosted by the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society:
- Valentine Flowers to Wear: Feb. 10 (family); Feb. 13 (adults)
- Garden Snow Globe: Feb. 24 (family)
Coming in February:
- Free in February, presented by Capital One. For the month of February, visitors can receive a complimentary admission pass to the Rothman Ice Rink just for stopping by the Capital One Café, located two blocks from Dilworth Park.
Since the CCD first opened Dilworth Park in 2014, new attractions have been added for each winter season. In 2014, the park began with only an ice rink. In 2015, the Rothman Cabin and holiday markets were added. In 2016, the Cabin area was expanded and the
Maze and the City’s Christmas tree were added, further enhancing the attractiveness of the park. The Deck the Hall Light Show presented by Independence Blue Cross was the newest addition in 2017.