These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jim Mauer was recently hired as the general manager of Mayfair Hotel & Spa in Miami.
1. What are you looking forward to the most in your new role as general manager of Mayfair Hotel & Spa?
Leading the Mayfair hotel and spa to be the pride of the Grove—to touch our visitors and our community in a way that enriches them.
2. How do you think past experiences have prepared you for this role?
All hotels are unique and all hotels are special to the community they are in, all of my past experience will be called upon to manage the sales, operations and growth of Mayfair Hotel & Spa.
3. How did you get into the industry?
I fell in to it as a food and beverage server in the 80s—I loved the excitement from the first day on.
4. What are you hoping to achieve in your new role?
To be a key player in the success and very bright future of Mayfair and Coconut Grove.
5. What do you enjoy most about the industry?
Simplify the ability to touch people’s hearts—from our staff to our customers and our community—we have the ability to make their experience memorable when staying at Mayfair Hotel & Spa.