These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to email@example.com.
Kevin Delonay was recently hired as the director of food and beverage at the Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain in Avon, Colo.
1. What are you looking forward to in your new role as director of food and beverage at the Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain? Continuing the success of this year and growing our business in all of our outlets. I love the challenge of getting out of my comfort zone of the kitchen and bringing my style to the operation as a whole.
2. How do you think your past industry experience has prepared you for this role? I have a culinary background that will allow me to maintain high standards and bring that to the overall food and beverage experience at this hotel. I have been at this property in several different roles, and now I can take that knowledge to the next level.
3. What goals do you have in mind for the resort's restaurants this year and further down the line? I want to see all of our outlets grow with new menu offerings in each restaurant and really focus on the level of service that we are providing. We continue to focus on the consistency of through all of our outlets.
4. How did you get into the industry? I started as a bus boy/dishwasher when I was 15 or 16. I think I may have had two jobs outside of the kitchen since-including this new position. It has been a lifelong career path.
5. What do you enjoy most about the resort? Seeing happy guests and trying to make sure they have an unforgettable experience while they are with us.