A central midmitten location drives meetings in this small college town.
Chris Rowley, the Mount Pleasant Area Convention and Visitors Bureau's executive director, recently acquired her certification as a Government Meeting Specialist from the Society of Government Meeting Professionals .
The SGMP certifies employees of government entities through the voluntary GMS program whose goal is to teach planners and suppliers to plan meetings and events in the most effective way possible for their government employers. The program requires participants to fulfill the ethical, personal and professional requirements that the SGMP specifies.
The MACVB has appointed its new officers for the 2017 calendar. The newly elected officers are:
- President: Jack Schripsema (Lansing)
- Past President: Linda Freybler (Calhoun County)
- Vice President: Linda Hoath (Sault Ste. Marie)
- Secretary: Chris Rowley (Mount Pleasant)
- Treasurer: Bob Lukens (Muskegon)
- Members at Large: Tim Hygh (Mackinac Island)
- Amanda Wilkin (Charlevoix)
MACVB is made up of the 46 member convention and visitor bureaus all throughout Michigan.