These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to email@example.com.
Barry Cockrum was recently appointed general manager of The Alexander Hotel in Indianapolis.
1. What are you looking forward to the most in your new role?
Advancing our reputation as one of the premier hotels in the country.
2. How do you think past experiences have prepared you for this role?
Growing my leadership skills through the phases of my career. Understanding the subtle gestures that make a difference to both our leisure and business travelers. Curating positive relationships with our shareholders and our associates.
3. How did you get into the industry?
I answered an ad in my local newspaper after I graduated from Purdue University.
4. What are you hoping to achieve in your new role?
Infuse a sense of discovery in our associates and curate a place of inspiration for our guests. That would make me happy.
5. What do you enjoy most about the industry?
The people that walk through our doors every day all have a story to tell, and I can’t wait to meet them and learn about them.