These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veronika Dora Kecskes was recently appointed general manager of KASA Hotel Riviera Maya.
1. What are you looking forward to the most in your new role?
Looking forward to establishing great teams in every department of the hotel that can work well with each other.
2. How do you think past experiences have prepared you for this role?
My past experiences have taught me that being calm and patient are key factors for this position.
3. How did you get into the industry?
Our family had a Lake House in Hungary, which we would rent out during the summer season. I truly enjoyed helping my parents run the operation. It gave me the opportunity to meet many different and interesting people, from there I decided to study hotel administration.
4. What are you hoping to achieve in your new role?
I want to help secure the success of the KASA Hotel Collection and help employees achieve their full potential.
5. What do you enjoy most about the industry?
One of the things I enjoy the most is that every day presents a different challenge which helps keep me on my toes.