When meeting in Chaffee County, located in south central Colorado, groups should take time to explore along the beautiful Collegiate Peaks Scenic Byway. Here are nine stellar adventures in the Buena Vista and Salida areas. colorfulcolorado.com
1. Raft the Arkansas River through Browns Canyon National Monument.
2. Hike one or more of the fifteen 14,000-foot peaks or along three national trails, including the Colorado, Continental Divide and American Discovery.
3. Check out the whitewater parks in both towns and walk along the river walk to watch stand up paddle boarders and kayakers in action.
4. Cruise around the 10,000-acre Fourmile Travel Management Recreation Area, one of the best offroad vehicle recreation playgrounds in Colorado.
5. Soak in the warm, soothing waters at Cottonwood Hot Springs, Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort and Salida Hot Springs Pool.
6. Catch a trophy trout on the Arkansas River with approximately 140 miles of stream to fish and more than half of those miles open to public access.
7. Utilize the three zip-line tours and aerial parks for elevated team-building.
8. Shuttle riders to the top of Monarch Pass to ride more than 30 miles of mostly singletrack on the wellknown Monarch Crest Trail and descend about 6,000 feet.
9. Take advantage of the all-natural snow paradise for skiers and snowboarders at Monarch Mountain, which also offers places for groups to meet and eat.